To Brno, Czech Republic
10.10.2012 - 10.10.2012
Walked through Margaret Island-close to the city, 2.5km long. Beautifully kept gardens, similar to our King's Park.
Thoughts on Budapest;
- Almost everyone we came into contact with speaks English.
- Very cheap accommodation & food.
- Unusual breakfast-potato salad, green salad along with cooked sausages, ratatouille(with paprika of course), no eggs, lots of raw paprika!!
- Very clean, safe city. Never felt threatened.
- Huge contrast between newly renovated buildings and old damaged ones. Some public transport modern & new, and others very old and degraded.
- Once out of the city, not much tourist information available or obvious!
Traditional foods; Lanos (fried dough base with cheese, garlic sauce & sour cream topping), Goulash soup (not stew)-Yum!
Fruit flavoured brandy-Palinka (plum or peach)
Caught afternoon train to Brno, Czech Republic, 4hrs $24. Second largest city in Czech Rep.
Wow, I thought Hungary was cheap, we just ate dinner- pasta main $5 & 500ml (Czech) beer $1.50!!